APEC specializes in mid to high volume plastic and silicone injection molding for medical plastic products requiring high precision and critical quality. We provide deep knowledge of part and mold design, scientific process, and assembly mechanics to expedite the launch of new products.
The company was founded in 1997 by Anura Welikala and Wolfgang Buehler, and has grown to be a preferred supplier to many of the Fortune 100 Medical OEM’s.
APEC is located in a state-of-the-art 72,000 Sq. Ft. facility in Baldwin Park, California.
APEC is a leader in the medical injection molding manufacturing of medical components and products.
APEC is growing constantly. If you are interested in becoming a part of the APEC team, we invite you to contact us using the information provided below.
APEC is always looking for motivated professionals in the following fields:
- Sales & Marketing
- Quality Control
- Injection Molding
- Distribution & Warehousing
Apec is proud of the rigorous focus we place on quality. We work hand in hand with our customers to implement customized validation and quality control plans to insure compliance with all customer, FDA and ISO requirements.
- ISO 13488 Certified (13485 April 2006)
- CDHS Licensed Medical Device Manufacturer
- FDA cGMP compliant
- Climate Controlled Metrology Laboratory
- First Article Inspections
- Capability Studies
- Gauge R&R;
Plastic Injection Molding
- Mid to High Volume
- Two-Material Injection Molding
- Insert Molding
- Vertical insert molding
- Tight tolerance – High Precision
- Complex Geometries
- Thermal-Curing and Annealing
- Closed loop real time process monitoring
Silicone Injection Molding (LIM)
- APEC focuses only on LIM applications (not compression molding) of medical grade silicones. We are the largest single source supplier for devices requiring thermoplastic and silicone parts (i.e. Injection sites, membrane applications, gaskets, etc.) in the Western United States.
APEC utilizes state-of-the-art Arburg(r) injection molding machines, each equipped with silicone injection units, closed loop heater controllers, and vacuum units. Our medical silicone material handling equipment includes industry leading 2KM, RJS and Fluid Automation Inc.(r) pumps, both 5 and 55 gallon capacities.
APEC is also one of the few US manufacturers to offer automation and cold-runner technology from RICO(r) in Austria. This turnkey workcell includes fully equipped 35 ton Arburg(r) LIM machine, a 16 cavity cold-runner mold, and automated parts handling device to produce scrap free (no runners), labor-free (no operator required) parts
APEC’s extensive experience in LIM technology provide you with complete services from engineering support on part design through final production validation. We can also provide complete tooling support or work with your existing tooling / supplier.
- APEC provides a full range of engineering services including molding/tooling validations, prototyping, and design of experiments.
- Design of experiments
- Product and Process Development
- Metrology and Capability Studies
- Molding/tooling validations
Plastic Mold Making
Magor Mold, is a wholly owned state-of-the-art mold manufacturing and maintenance facility staffed with an experienced team of engineers and tooling specialists.
- High production/close tolerance Mold Design
- Rapid prototype molds
- Single and multi-cavity production molds (from 1-128 cavity)
- Thermoplastics and LIM (silicone) molds
- High Speed, Hot-runner (Scrap-free) Molds
- Multi-Cavity Interchangeable Molds
- Automated Assembly
- Pad printing
- Label Creation (Barcodes, Custom, etc.)
- Thermal curing / annealing